Tim Craig Independent Loss Assessor

Posted on 11 November 2010 by TCLA

When an individual or commercial / business entity suffers an insured loss (makes an insurance claim) e.g. fire, flood, malicious damage, theft etc. Their insurance company will very often appoint a Loss Adjuster. The Loss Adjuster will state that he or she is there to act as an arbiter between the claimanty and the insurance company to ensure the claim is settled fairly and quickly. The Loss Adjuster's fee however, is paid by the insurance company, so he or she will always err in the insurance company's favour. Furthermore, the volume of claims which any Loss Adjuster is instructed to handle is such that a claimant is left to formulate their own claim without guidance, and whithout being fully informed of their particular insurance policy's obligations.

This is where the role of the Loss Assessor comes into play. The Loss Assessor is there to formulate the insured's claim, present it to the Loss Adjuster, and negotiate final settlement to the maximum under the terms of the insurance policy in force. The claimant is thus receiving the professional representation which the investment into your home or business deserves.

Hence the role of the Loss Assessor and the Adjuster becomes more defined - the Loss Assessor is acting for the claimant and the Adjuster is now clearly acting on behalf of the insurance company. 

Domestic and business Insurance Claims

Posted on 11 November 2010 by TCLA

Tim Craig - Independent Loss Assessor is experienced in negotiating domestic and business claims as a result of the following insured perils:

  1. Fire
  2. Flood / Escape of Water
  3. Theft / Malicious Damage
  4. Subsidence
  5. Denial of Access
  6. Business Interuption
  7. Lightning Strike

Business claims in particular have many elements which may have to be considered, such as buildings, stock, plant, machinery, business interuption and increased costs of working, all of which can be left in the hands of Tim Craig - Independent Loss Assessor